I was playing at Shani's the other day enjoying one of her latest posts, about how we women are so good at finding things NOT to like about ourselves. Shani challenged her readers to come up with ten things that we DO LIKE about ourselves. I wasn't even going to do this one, because she is right -- for every one thing I do like about me, there are probably a hundred things I don't like about me. But that
1. I am eternally saved. Once and for all. I received God's gift of faith in the sacrifice of his son, Jesus Christ, in my place. Every one of my sins was forgiven 2000 years ago, and they are under the blood of Jesus. Praise the Lord! Jesus paid it all.
2. I have absolute peace about eternity. The Lord gave me that.
3. I have been blessed with spiritual discernment, from reading the Bible for many years. The Lord gave me that.
4. I am reasonably content with my material possessions. The Lord did that.
5. I am comfortably frugal, a trait that is sometimes necessary in the ministry, but not one that all people in the ministry have. The Lord did that.
6. I am more practical than romantic, which is a good thing for a woman married to Mr. Dominant/Steady. Sometimes I'm a little romantic, but I think I suppress that side of me. God made me practical, and I need to be.Okay, now for some more carnalish things:
7. I have always liked the color of my hair! People have asked me since I was about eight years old if I dye it. God made it that way.
8. I had three babies with no meds, and one with an epidural just to reward myself for the other three. God gave me the grace for that, and a body that has babies easily.
9. Once in a while, I have the presence of mind and the mind/hand coordination to be a good writer. God is preserving what's left of my brain and has given me the talents I have.
10. I ran out of things.I asked my kids, and they couldn't think of anything, either! LOL!!! Okay, wait, here's a contribution from Alizona: Even though I say it's time to go to sleep, I stay in their room and talk with her and her sister. (Oh good. I'm glad there was ONE thing!)
Okay, Shani, I did it!