Shani at CelticMom did this tag tonight, and I thought it looked like a good opportunity to brag on my husband.
1. Who is your man? My pastor and my best friend, Gary.
2. How long have you been together? Married 20+ years.
3. How long did you date? We knew each other for six years before we were married. When we met we were religious but lost. We dated about two and a half tumultuous years in college, then split up. When we found each other again about three years later, he had been saved, and he led me to Christ. Hooray! He was a new man, and I was a new woman. We had about a six month engagement.
4. How old is your man? 44
5. Who eats more? Oh, I must, certainly. Just for "fun" (*rolls eyes*) we try to keep a 30 pound buffer between us, but I have closed in the gap a bit. No, wait HE is closing the gap! He has lost weight!
6. Who said "I love you" first? I did. I was totally taken in by his athletic good looks and winsome ways. We had so much fun together when we weren't fighting!
7. Who is taller? He is.
8. Who sings better? lol. Can't answer that.
9. Who is smarter? I am more "educated" but he is a lot wiser.
10. Whose temper is worse? Mine!
11. Who does the laundry? Me.
12. Who takes out the garbage? Either of us, or one of the kids!
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do.
14. Who pays the bills? He does. I don't even know where the check book is.
15. Who is better with computer? I'm not sure. Probably he is. But we're both dependent on the resident teen techie.
16. Who mows the lawn? What lawn? We don't have grass. Once in a while he will go out and do "yard work", which means he pulls two or three weeds that are poking through our gravel.
17. Who cooks dinner? I do. He can make pancakes, though.
18. Who drives when you are together? He does. Always. I have not pumped gas in so long I don't remember how anymore.
19. Who pays when you go out? He does.
20. Who is most stubborn? It's a tie.
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? He usually is. Oh wait, then I am more stubborn, aren't I??
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine. We're 200+ miles from mine and 2000 miles from his.
23. Who kissed whom first? Funny thing is, we dated for quite a while before the first kiss. In fact, we actually discussed it long before it ever happened, lol. He kissed me.
24. Who asked who out? I asked him to go lap-swimming with me. LOL!! (He didn't get his athletic build from swimming, I can tell you that, hee hee!)
25. Who proposed? He did! It was very romantic. For those of you who know the area, Plainjane, we were on Interstate 35E, driving past the Eagan water tower. lol!
26. Who is more sensitive? I am.
27. Who has more friends? Neither of us has many friends, but since I am blogging here, I will have to say I do!
28. Who has more siblings? We both have two.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? He definitely does. Both literally and figuratively. He is Mr. Dominant in every area except the ones he doesn't want the responsibility for. Like the kitchen or the laundry, lol! Actually I am very grateful for this. He keeps me on the straight and narrow. He's a man I admire.
30. How did you meet? I took the seat in front of him in calculus class and said, "Hi." He fell in love with me instantly, but it took him a while to realize it.