Sadly for them, however, it is going to be 45 here Thursday. I just don't understand it. Everyone kept telling us how cold it is here and how were were just going to FREEZE in Minnesota... I am all for global warming if it means temperate Januaries (Januarys? January's?) in the north country!
The 2012 bicycle race between my husband and his dad is already in full swing. The rules are complicated; read them here. My FIL, being 71, has a goal of riding 100,000 miles before he turns 80. He is well on his way, with 24,000 miles since his 69th? birthday. We heard a rumor that he is not riding at all for the next couple of days, so my competitive husband (like his dad!) will be sure to get out today for a few extra miles. In this race which is so dependent on the weather conditions, he is already behind!
My nebulous goals for 2012:
1. To be more gentle, especially with one particular child, this in keeping with Courtney's Gentleness Challenge. But I need a quantitative way to measure gentleness. Any ideas other than, "Today I will only yell THREE times"? lol
2. More Bible!
3. To cast EVERY care on my Lord Jesus, because he cares for me. I think one of the major reasons why so many women are on anti-depression meds is that they have never learned to PRAY. I'm working on it!
4. Be a better friend to my best friend, Monocogman.
5. Lose 17 lbs, one and a half pounds a month. I can do that, right? Anyone could do that. Even me.
6. Read out loud more.
7. Learn how to do something. What?
8. Keep in touch with the real people in my life.
That's enough goals for now. Maybe I'll post an update sometime. #1's coming along nicely. :)